McGraw & Strickland, LLC

If you are hurt, call for a free phone consultation


We are New Mexicans.

We live here. We work here. We advocate for New Mexicans.


Is there a way to get my record sealed?

In New Mexico, the only way to get your record sealed is if you were a juvenile when the crime was committed, or if you can prove some kind of identity theft.

Sealing your record in a juvenile case:

As a juvenile you file a motion with the court of conviction, ordering that the juvenile probation officer and all other law enforcement agencies in your case physically destroy your record and then send proof of the destruction back to the defense attorney. It is called "expungement" for juveniles.

Are there certain types of crimes that cannot be sealed?

For juveniles, it would have to be a case that was charged as a juvenile case. Certain very serious crimes can sometimes be charged as adult cases: Rape, homicide, as long as you haven't picked up additional cases, but there is a waiting period of several years past your 18th birthday, and it does not happen automatically.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Connect With An Attorney Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

McGraw & Strickland, LLC
165 West Lucero Ave.
Las Cruces, NM 88005

Phone: 575-567-3107
Fax: 575-680-1200
Las Cruces Law Office Map